Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Son Has a Crush and I Have a "Day"

This has been a funny week in our house.  Jack all of a sudden has developed a crush..  He has been writing his crush letter after letter ~ he even gave her some money!  I bet you're wondering who she is?  It's the Tooth Fairy.. yep,  that's right ~ the Tooth Fairy!  He is so obsessed with losing a tooth right now, it was this time last year that he got the itch as well and unfortunately for him he hasn't lost a tooth since!  He has only lost his 2 bottom teeth, the 2 top teeth are making him CRAZY!  He had an accident while playing football in the front yard and now they are a little out of sorts, which makes him only want to lose them more!  And once his 2 best buddies in his class lost more teeth he developed a crush.  He came home from school on Thursday and started writing letters, of course he put them under his pillow and I almost forgot {thanks Jace} to reply.. horrible Tooth Fairy I am!  But I didn't and I left him a nice little note on some really cute pink scalloped paper {which I have to buy a bunch more of because since that one note I have written several others on the same paper!}.  When he woke to find his note he was so excited ~ he even carried it around school with him and then asked his teacher if he could share it with the class {I know this because she called Saturday night to apologize for forgetting too}.  Then the next day He wrote 2 more letters from him and one for his brother.. so cute!  He asked her all kinds of questions.. some of them were pretty specific like "are you a Duck fan?" and "how much $ you leave to kids who trick you?" and "how many teeth have you collected?"  It's getting harder and harder to answer his questions because I'm afraid I will forget what I say from letter to letter...  and he even left her some money to repay back some of the money she has given to kids!  So funny!!  He has stopped writing the letters as of yesterday.. let's see what tonight brings!  
Friday morning I had put out some clothes for Jack to wear and for whatever reason he did not want to wear his pants {navy blue cargo pants.. so cute or I mean cool!} he was so mad at me that he did not have clean jeans.. I then explained to him that they are skate boarder pants and that they are in fact "cool"!  He then proceeded to tell me this... "Tony Hawk would never wear those... that was back in your day ~ so 80's style"  He really, really did say this to me!  What?!  I do not know where that kid gets this stuff!  And Pu~lease.. back in MY day!  I do not have a day yet young man!  I am still hip as I ever was!  And don't you forget it!!  Good grief!  
Have a great week!  I have some pics of Miss Livie to post soon.. she is moving and shaking.  Climbing all the way to the top of the stairs and even trying to ride her toy bike.  ;-) 

Love,
♥ The Muths

No comments: