
Livie's new princess dress / The boys in San Diego with their buddy Parker
Where to begin.. I haven't posted in MONTHS! That is terrible. The fall is here, kids are in school, my days have a bit of free time every now and again so I'll be posting more frequently.
This house hasn't changed much! There is always a bit of drama and some crazy stuff to report around here. The most recent is that our little Brady has decided he's afraid to die and Heaven is dirty! I know this all sounds so silly, but the other night at bedtime he got hysterical about this. He was so worried that someone was going to die and he didn't want his life to change. Okay, first of all.. we are not a truly religious bunch {though we are faithful} and we do talk about all of this stuff just not in real detail. Well, let me tell you... I have been re-educated in the Bible! I spent an hour trying to console him that it was okay and life was fine, my talking wasn't totally reassuring so I resorted to praying with him. I am not against this at all, however it would add at least another 5 minutes or so to the bedtime routine per kid {don't judge, I like to have my evenings free!} that would be 15 more minutes ~ I just don't think I can handle that. But I will, if that's what he needs! Long, Long story short. We spent the next evening reading the children's Bible {skipped the entire Old Testament.. I did not have time for that!}. We started where God told Mary she would have a baby and ended after Jesus was resurrected. I think we about covered it. Oh man! Those are hard questions to answer for a 6 year old, especially when you have no hard core truth, nothing solid to prove your answers, just simple faith and while that's enough for me, it was not enough for him. Hopefully we have changed that and he can be happy with the answers he has got. Although he did ask if we could go to church and he wants to be baptized.. lets see how this all goes! We may be sending out baptism invites! This has also spiked in interest for Jack and since he's an independent reader he has been reading the Bible every night in bed.. for his home work he has to read 20 minutes per night and record it on a sheet.. this is what his sheet looked like this week.
Mon: Sports Illustrated Kids
Tues: Bible
Weds:Bible
Thurs: Sports Illustrated Kids
Hmmm... he's a man of big faith! Sports and the Bible ~ I just wonder which one comes first?!
All kidding aside.. I will make an effort to include more of this in our lives, I would be sad if Brady were nervous about this for his entire life.
As for the little miss.. she's quite the talker! She can say just about anything and says it all day/ every day! She sings, dances.. if it's girl ~ she does it! She is very bossy these days, often telling the boys what to do. This morning Jason let Jack play the Wii before school {ugh! so against the rules!} and when I found out at 8am that he was doing this I told him to get off! She quickly went in there and yelled "Jack off" hmmm.. that sounds a lot different in print, try to think of how she would say it.. not how it reads! And the other night I told her I needed to tell the boys it was time for dinner she turns around to yell ~ Boys Dinner! So funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment