Friday, February 25, 2011

It's been awhile....




Things are always crazy around here, my lack of organization and planning does not help.. weird! I have committed myself to volunteering in the boys class rooms during the school week, I love it don't get me wrong.. I just had no idea it would make me so darn crazy! First of all... I will never volunteer my time on a Monday morning.. that is pure hell! My house is usually in complete chaos after a weekend at home running around with my sweet family and I work on Tuesdays, which leaves me no time to get anything done until Weds and then if it's the Weds that I work in Brady's class I am left with Friday to get my house caught up.. all in time for the weekend. That sounds great doesn't it? But in reality I get the house cleaned up for the weekend only to have it trashed by Saturday evening.. poor me! So there you have it my pitiful story of why I never blog!
Anywhoo..
Livie just celebrated her 2nd birthday.. so crazy! She is the funniest little thing you could ever imagine! She loves all things girl and her most recent love is "lic tick" Lipstick! Of course it's really just chapstick.. she loves it and doesn't care what it is as long as she has it in hand. If she's upset and having a moment {she is 2 now} she will ask for it in the midst of all her tears and snot, once in hand, all in the world is good! She even puckers up to show you how pretty she looks {greasy that is}. I love it. She is so absolutely different from her brothers and makes my everyday a little brighter! I just cannot imagine life without her. She got her first haircut recently, I know she doesn't have a ton of hair but this haircut was needed! You would have thought she was going to the prom or on her first date the way her Auntie Me-Me, Gma Sugga and I all fretted over her, it was totally worth it. She sat in a little car at a kids salon, wiggling like crazy while this girl gave her the cutest little cut, topped off with a butterfly hair clip and glitter hairspray! Oh boy! Thanks to Auntie Me-Me she got to take some of that hairspray home with her. We love to use it. ;-) She talks up a storm, doesn't miss a word or a beat. She has to be on top of things in order to keep up with her brothers and cousins! Being the only girl she's not timid in anyway, we had friends over for dinner the other night who have a little boy a couple months older than Livie. William is usually the kid taking toys from the other meek little kids in his playgroup... he learned really fast that Livie is not one of those little girls. She had him pinned on the ground ripping trains out of his hands in no time! Don't mess with her, she's got brothers and cousins! Then she realized that William likes things in a certain order and got more joy out of messing with his order.. rotten girl!
Brady has been full of his usual stuff. This kid has the most funny sense of humor and it comes so naturally. I'm not sure if he knows he's funny, but he is. For example ~ we've been working a lot on tattling around here, every time you turn around one of them is tattling on the other {even Livie!}. The other night Jason went upstairs to see who/what was running around {after lights out for the boys} and when he got upstairs he found Jack playing Legos in his bedroom ~ took care of it and started to walk down the stairs when Brady so kindly says...

Brady: Dad, Jack is playing Legos in his room and he's supposed to be in bed.
Jason: Are you tattling on him?
Brady: No, I would NEVER tattle {waving his hands back and forth, shaking his head}, that's not my style, I am not that guy Dad.. I just thought you should know.
Jason: Thanks

I mean really?! Does he think he can get away with tattling just because he's cute?! He started to tattle last night and we both asked if he was going to tattle and in his ever so sweet little way he says "just thought you were wondering". He is going to give us a run for our money during his pre-teen and teen years.. gray hair here we come! He lost his first tooth this morning, FINALLY! He's 6 1/2 for crying out loud and I'm pretty sure he might be the last kid in his class to lose one. He was so excited he told us he's going to say a bunch of "F" words! I hope he means: farm, fruit, funny, fuzzy, fish, etc.. not THE "F" word! That will not go over well in kindergarten.. and I really don't feel like taking that phone call today.

Jack is continuing to turn into a big kid. He has started to get all of his big teeth and is growing like crazy! He LOVES to compete in sports, you should see him on the basketball court! He is so darn serious and the kid can hustle! Every week his coaches continue to acknowledge his ability to hustle, get the ball and try to make a shot. When he's on the court he's all about the ball, he doesn't care how tall the kid he's guarding is, he will not give up! I love to watch him play, he's got a good heart and loves to compete ~ he totally gets it from me, I play a mean game of Monopoly and I will never give up! He's also a really good sport, when asked to give the ball to kids with less ability or desire, he will continue to give the ball to that kid until the coaches tell him not too. I love that about him. Both of our boys have shown that they are good sports and great additions to any team. They get that from their father! He's the best sport I know. He truly is.. what a great example for our boys to see.
Jack is also very serious about his school work, it comes pretty easy for him {at least for now} he often gets his work done as fast as he can so that he can read or do other "fun" work. His teacher is awesome this year! The kids are continually encouraged to work creatively with their writing and illustrating and Jack eats it up! He LOVES to write and draw stories, they are so creative and detailed.. it's great to see him getting in to this side of himself. He really does love it! The teacher sent home a paper asking that you fill in information about your author and with every book that the kids write, publish on the computer and then illustrate she binds them and types a cover page and an author page. We have been very blessed to have her for Jack this year.

That pretty much sums up our fall/winter. Baseball season is just around the corner, Jason has decided to coach along with his dad. Brady and Jack will both be on the team together. It should be a really fun season! I hope to post more often.. but you know how it goes, don't expect too much from me! ;-)

Love,

The Muths

No comments: