Thursday, July 30, 2009

5 Months...



Olivia,
You are 5 months old now and I can hardly believe it.  In some ways it seems like only yesterday you were a brand new baby in my arms and in other ways it feels like you've always been here.  I'm guessing that's because you were always a wish in my heart and you finally came true.
At 5 months you are:
*Rolling over like crazy,  you get everywhere you want by rolling and rolling.  
*You sleep through the night in your bed, for about 2 weeks now,  you go to bed around 7:15 and wake around 6-7 AM.   You take 2 naps a day in your crib one in the morning around 9 and one in the afternoon around 1:30.   You do not wake up crying,  you wake up happy and talking in your crib.  I usually know that you are awake because I can hear you hitting the Aquarium on the side of your crib.  When we go to get you we are greeted with the biggest smiles!  So different than your brothers! 
* You LOVE your brothers.  When you see them you light up.  Even though Brady is continually in your space.  He just can't get enough of you! 
* You are close to crawling,  you can get up on all 4's and rock forward but still can't get that arm motion going.  You often fall head first.  
* You are also close to sitting up.  Just since yesterday,  you can get in a sitting position but still can't lift your arms up.  ALMOST!
* You eat 2 meals a day, right now you are eating rice cereal with applesauce for breakfast and sweet potatoes for dinner. 
* You are a pretty easy baby,  you often "go with the flow" and rarely lose it.  Although when you do.. there is no turning back! 
* You sleep with a little silky blanket in your arms or often under your tummy.  You fall asleep rubbing it in your hands.  A girl after my own heart!  I loved my baby blanket (I still secretly do! No I don't sleep with it.. but I have it).

These past 5 months have been amazing.  You have brought so much to our family.  We are very blessed and truly lucky to have you in our lives.  I love you and can't wait to see what the next 5 months brings us!  
Love, Mommy

No comments: