1) You know that your kids birthday's always come at the same time every year (this does not change!) start planning in June. You will think it's silly at the time, but come mid-July you will be so happy you did!
2) Never let the office get trashed, I mean really this is the 1st room you see when you enter my house - you would think it would be easy to maintain - I tell myself that every time I enter it - but still somehow it gets trashed on occasion and I can't seem to clean it up. Right now it's wonderful to sit in here and type away - like a little oasis in my own home!
3) Dust more than twice a year - don't wrinkle your nose at me.. I do not have a housekeeper that comes once a month or even once a year. Dusting seems like the furthest thing to do on my chore list. I have 3 kids for crying out loud! If I wait long enough the boys little hands will sweep away some of the dust!
4) Why must I wait until the very last minute for every holiday to buy presents? I know it's coming and I know I need to do it. It doesn't matter, I will always be shopping the days before in a mad rush trying to figure out what my kids want that is completely acceptable. You know not just buying to buy.
5) Mop, mop, mop.. just do it - once a week. It's simple. I bought myself that snazzy steam mopper from Shark - I love it. It's so easy to use and gets the floors really clean with out all the mess. JUST DO IT!
6) Keep past "Happy Birthday" signs and xtra streamers.. don't toss em' - so wasteful and a pain in the tush! Not even a necessary expense, but I seem to always lose them from years past and replace them every year. Designate a spot and keep em'!
7) Who are you trying to impress? I mean really do you think the other Mommies care whether you stayed up until Midnight the night before baking a homemade cake?! It will never look like the pictures on the internet. And I don't even know if the kids care about homemade or not. They sure didn't seem to eat more or rave about how delicious it was.. Betty you're good.. but I think the grocery store does just as well and I get a few xtra hours of sleep.
8) Pull this letter up around Mid-October - just to remind you of a few things for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I know this will save me some time and sleep. It might even save my husband a very large headache! You see he usually pays the price for all of my craziness... he gets to hear me whine and stomp about because I'm tired and have 3 kids and the house is a mess. So Jason - remind me of this letter in the fall, I think you'll be happy you did! Honey, I appreciate all of your help and I love you very much! Thank you!
I'm off to get another cup of coffee - I still haven't caught up on my sleep and the house is a mess again.. oh joy!
Happy Friday! Love, Michelle
1 comment:
I shall post this note for MYSELF, too! And I thought the cake looked AWESOME! I am off for some coffee too :--)
Post a Comment